Monday, January 23, 2012

BIRTH STORY from far far away...my induction in sunny South America from prostaglandins to puuuuuuuuuuuuuuush to last minute CS in just 12 hours...

A little background...As there isn't much public health here I have a basic health plan to cover maternity (and also my fertility tests which has been great), so since October 2010, I've been under care of Dr P who is my Gynae/obs doc and midwife and fertility Dr, he collected my eggs and transferred fresh cycle and FET last year and ................did the delivery too...amazing to have him all the way through and so while I was not happy to be induced at 40 weeks, it's standard procedure here so what can you do.  I had to resign myself to the fact that CS was likely in this culture with 60% CS rate and very fast aggressive inductions on EDD, not a day more. The hospital is like a big London teaching hospital, tatty round edges but bursting with expertise rather than flat screens as opposed to the popular expat delivery places. 

-So on the 28th I arrived to a decent private room with en suite bath/shower and a sofa bed for N and settled in, did admission, all in Spanish (?!) for induction at 06.00. The Nurses wanted to write the babies name on wrist bands already and thought it was hilarious we had no name yet as names are decided at BFP here. So N and I lay awake all night chatting and pulled ;baby A' out of the blue, just before daylight, and it just felt right.

-06.00 Registrar came and examined my still-closed cervix (had tiny spotting the day before and AF cramps/braxton hicks was all I'd had until then) gave me a pessary and started the clock. I was expected to dilate 1cm/hr roughly according to protocol here or theatre was looming just around the corner. I managed a couple of centimetres by lunch time and it was amazing how contractions started straight away after the pessary, it felt so positive and I really enjoyed this stage of labour despite discomfort.

-12.00 - 16.00 some time after lunch a lovely midwife came and ruptured the membranes which didn't hurt and surprised me as I'd dreaded that part. IV induction started too. Contractions off the scale now and of course way more powerful than natural ones and no correlation to cervix which sat at 2cm and refused to budge so I was breathing away through contractions but decided time for epidural soon. Baby starting to show signs of distress. Dr P arrived at this moment (speaking English hooray) and so knew I didn't have much longer to labour...he said I was 'stuck' at 2cm and needed to prepare for possibility of CS. Baby starting to 'dip' on the monitor so lots of anxious orders to lie on my side and take deep breaths. Was scared but knew theatre down the corridor and felt like staff were in control. So baby distressed and cervix not opening despite full blown contractions...All v predictable with rapid inductions.

-16.00 I went off to the theatre area and had an epidural in the anaesthetic room and Dr P was open to Midwife's suggestion we see how I progress with epidural before cutting me open for CS. Epidural lovely and light so I could feel each contraction. Less than an hour later I was at 10 cm dilated...hooray...the room was full of people and trays of 'cutting equipment' and 'pulling apparatus' and I had my legs on peoples shoulders and was pushing away. Trying all sorts of squatting and acrobatics but baby hated positions and was losing heart beat. 
-Then I got irregular heart rates and felt I was losing consciousness all the while murmuring that I felt like I was on ecstasy?! Toby stood next to me, later told me that he realised the baby was going to be 'ripped out' no matter what...fanny or sun roof so he was secretly relieved when Dr P said 'we're going next door' and I was then wheeled into theatre for a CS and draped in green towels with N next to me. Dr P looked more disappointed than I felt to get so close to avoiding surgery but I was relieved as seeing the dips on monitor was awful and it had been too long for baby to hang on with cord (probably) compressed, wanted to meet baby by then and see him safe and healthy. He was coming out face first apparently...he tried ;)

-17.30 ish...I'll never forget the multicoloured Buenos Aires skyline looming above the green towel which had sun streaming in making perfect silhouettes of Dr P's arms and my soon-to-be-gone bump. Let the shadow puppetry commence! I watched the whole thing through the towel, fascinated until they pulled out a large 'something' resembling a xmas turkey, the curtain came down and Dr P said 'here's your baby. N choked and cried and I just said he looked weird and everyone laughed as was so surreal, he was put straight on my chest then wrapped in blanket and brought to me covered in goo to touch and kiss. N went off with him then for tests/jabs/clean up and I came to join them back in our room where I did first feed, during which I could hardly keep my eyes open. Time of birth unknown, 17.15 on notes, 18.15 on discharge papers but N said was neither but somewhere in between...welcome to Argentina 'baby A' where time is meaningless...weighing in at 8lb (3.6 and a bit kg).

-Stayed 4 nights, allowed home after 3 but declined, was nice to have support of staff while privacy too and meals brought to me and iced water and air con..., in no rush to get back to our hot, sticky flat. I missed MW and HV support though and a home visit would have been nice but no service like that here, was hard at 5 days to be at home alone with N back to work. I've not been taking it as easy as i should after CS but I love pottering and out walking. Hardest part BF, lots of tears(both of us) and bleeding nips until week 2. N and I had biggest arguements of our 7 year relationship but still no regrets despite real low periods and the agony of A crying when it seems to never end. Love watching A grow each day (and me shrink and deflate too)...amazing experience in a foreign land...I'd do it all again though if we're lucky enough. Thanks for reading xxxx

7 comments:

  1. What a birth story! Thhank you for sharing. I hope you are enjoying motherhood! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your baby! I am very happy for you. Thank-you for sharing your story. I haven't logged on in a while so it was great to see your update. I'm now on ivf cycle #2. Had my retrieval yesterday and found out 5 out of 11 eggs fertilized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 小可愛視訊-真愛旅舍視頻聊天室
    ut聊天室視訊-真人裸聊秀場
    小可愛視訊聊天室-裸聊直播間
    美女視訊影音-真愛旅舍聊天室破解
    視訊聊天交友-美女裸聊視頻直播間
    視訊美女-做愛裸聊室
    173免費視訊-視頻真人秀聊天室福利
    金瓶梅視訊-293真人秀場聊天室
    live173影音視訊live秀-台灣uu視頻聊天室
    live173影音live秀-免費視訊-uu視頻聊天室
    免費裸聊的qq群同城約炮視頻交友手機成人電影網站咪咪愛成人圖片快播愛薇兒情色影片
    免費視頻真人秀免費夫妻大秀視頻網站夫妻表演聊天室齊b超短裙美女圖歐美性愛區情色皇朝
    免費多人視頻真人秀真人美女真實美女生活照片成人色情電影網址大全艾薇兒情色
    視頻裸聊網同城視頻聊天交友台灣同城視頻交友熟女人妻快播成人影院春天情色網
    視頻交友_真人秀場素顏美女 自然美女真實美女頭像快播成人色情導航711台灣情色
    真人秀場視頻聊天室直播間美女跳舞視頻超短裙美女跳街舞超短裙美女快播嘟嘟情色網
    視頻站真人秀美女熱舞視頻直播間午夜聊天成人版男人最愛上的成人網站洪爺情色
    56女生性視頻真人秀韓國美女直播間軟件韓國情色短片性愛技巧在線觀看情色圖貼
    多人視頻真人秀多人視頻跳舞吧真人秀女成人玩具視頻天天情色網午夜成人色圖情色排行榜
    視頻聊天室真人秀戀夜秀場直播大秀色成人免費女同性電影免費的色情網站情色貼圖區
    視頻秀qq色群六間房直播跳舞超短裙美女熱舞慢搖最愛色情動漫網人妖電影網址麗的情色文學
    求qq群 你懂得戀夜秀場真愛旅舍視頻破解成人性愛小說成人激情小說愛微兒情色網
    求個色聊qq群號戀夜秀場秀場大廳午夜聊天視頻網站愛愛網真人愛愛姿式成人網情色貼圖區
    qq群視頻大秀戀夜秀場直播大秀色校園春色愛愛網成人玩具使用表演視頻愛薇兒情色總站
    色群視頻秀qq群視頻秀qq群視頻大秀群號無碼a片成人免費色情電影力的情色漫畫
    夫妻群視頻秀戀夜秀場直播間新地址性感長腿美女電腦桌面免費情色系電影線上觀看
    戀夜秀場視頻戀夜秀場網站線上直播a片日本性感美女伊人成人綜合網激點情色文學
    裸聊視頻免費的看看戀夜秀場直播大廳在線激情小說超短裙美女網盤成都白領人妻成人情色

    ReplyDelete
  4. 真愛旅舍午夜聊天室
    真愛旅舍直播聊天室
    真愛旅舍裸聊直播間
    真愛旅舍主播視頻
    live173視訊影音live秀
    live173影音視訊聊天室
    173影音視訊聊天室
    173視訊聊天交友網
    live173直播平台
    免費視訊聊天室
    農夫聊語音聊天室免費同城床友交友網亞洲BT黃色小說絲襪亂倫色圖0401影音視訊交友網
    碧聊視頻語音聊天室免費ONS論壇櫻花成人視訊網美女色情人體圖片性小說網站台灣視訊辣妹
    台灣甜心辣妹視訊九聊視頻語音聊天室ONS交友論壇夫妻生活娛樂網亞洲人體美女視訊辣妹
    9聊視頻聊天室聊城市ONS交友免費寂寞交友聊天室美女黃色人體藝術圖片麻辣視訊聊天網
    做愛裸聊室七聊視頻語音聊天室網上交友約炮在線聊天室你懂的成人性愛影片播放經典火辣視訊

    ReplyDelete
  5. live 173免費視訊
    173免費視訊聊天
    173免費視訊秀
    173免費視訊美女
    173 live 視訊
    173 live影音
    173視訊聊天交友網
    live 173 視訊聊天
    173liveshow視訊美女
    live 173影音live秀
    293視頻聊天室最開放免費美女視頻聊天室裸聊免費網免費成人在線電影網站韓國視訊美女
    台灣網路視訊聊天網站不收費同城交友網夜色約炮網 同城交友午夜同城約炮網韓國視訊女主播
    免費聊天直播室免費交友樂園約炮免費同城床友交友網自拍免費色網韓國視訊網主播網址
    真正免費聊天網頁全城熱戀免費交友網站寂寞色女視頻聊天手機AV天堂網show live影音視訊網
    台灣UT視訊視頻六房間免費交友有緣網午夜戀場聊天室性愛過程在線觀看韓國視訊網哪找

    ReplyDelete