Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goodbye heart burn...hello little baby A!

Little 'A' was born on the 29th December 2011, 8lb exactly and 50cm long from the swirl of soft hair on his head to his tiny toenails. He sleeps on his side, on the sofa just feet away, half swaddled in a blanket, as a I type, surrounded by mess and for the first time I'm learning to let go of my controlling ways, who knows when he will wake and whether he will want a feed, more burping, swinging back and forth under the white noise of the ceiling fan or another nappy change or all of the above...I look forward to writing about the birth and A's first week of life. I feel like his face is the most familiar face I've ever met, it's imprinted on my mind like the trace from a lightbulb and it follows me everywhere. Right now, I'm overwhelmed, terrified, excited, besotted and feeling so very lucky to be A's Mum.

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you! Enjoy these moments they are so precious. Congratulations to you and your husband. Blessings, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many congratulations!! What a New Year celebration :) And I love your thoughts about your baby boy's face being so familiar to you... beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, huge congratulations! What a sweet post to read.

    ReplyDelete