Thursday, January 13, 2011

A very tentative booking for embryo transfer

So far things are going well but we won't know until Saturday morning how many of the (7 out of 9 fertilised) embryos have grown. It's comforting to know we have a few and it's worth celebrating this next hurdle of fertilization that other couples sadly fall at. I have wondered if perhaps we would be told we needed donor eggs or donor sperm as one never knows, so anyway it's another box to tick. For that, I feel very, very lucky and grateful.

Clever doctors and lab people who performed the ICSI, 'icksee', (intra cytoplasmic sperm injection), I just hope nature carries on behaving so they can divide and multiply. A pat on the back for us too to get this far as it's taken a lot of organising, money and patience. It's not over yet by far, I still have my fingers crossed that on Saturday we have a really good cluster of cells to transfer and some more to freeze, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment